Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Art Criticism

1. Which projects did you review?
2. Why did you select the Exhibit you critiqued?
3. What challenges did you face in writing the critique article and how did you overcome them?
4. How do you feel about critiquing your peers work?
5. Would you like to read the critique your peers wrote about your Art Curation Project?
6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your finished article and why?
7. Did you enjoy working on this project?

1) I Reviewed: Motion in Art, Classically Black and White, and Unconditional
2) I selected the exhibit that I critiqued because I felt the most emotionally attached to it. Also, I made a suggestion for this exhibit when we had to check out people's ideas in a prior forum. I wanted to see if she took any advice I gave- and she did!
3)  I wasn't sure how to really start off the article. I never critiqued something before (other than papers but that was mostly just checking for errors) so this was new. I overcame this by just simply stating what the exhibit was about and what some pieces of art one would see if they went to the exhibit. After I got on a roll of writing, I didn't have much of a problem. I made it seem more like a "critique" at the end and wrote as if this would be an article in a newspaper..which I guess was the point of this project!
4) I have always had a hard time critiquing one's work. I don't want to seem too harsh or too easy going. I have trouble when it comes to thinking of ways of improvement because I think everyone's ideas are just fine and are unique to what the person wants.
5) I would like to read what others wrote about mine, if anyone even critiqued mine!! I really want to see if people liked my theme and what I was trying to show!!
6) I would rate my article with 8/10. I am not sure if I was exactly on track with it sounding like a critique article but I think I did pretty well on it and covered all that should have been written about. I included what the exhibit was, linked it with Mother's Day (current event/holiday), if I thought it would be successful, and a suggestion.
7) I did enjoy working on the overall project. It was very difficult to think of an exhibit and what pieces to display in it with a linked theme. I also enjoyed playing the critique. This project got us to play different roles. We were both the creator and judge so we got to see both ends of the stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment