Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lines- The Hand

1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?

1) I thought it was hard to use my hand. I usually use my opposite hand to hold down the paper I am working on so it doesn't move around. Also I kept twitching from trying to keep my hand still so it was hard to pose my hand. There are also so many curves, lines, and marks on my hand it is hard to capture it all in detail.
2) I chose pencil because it is not messy, erasable, and I don't own charcoal (yet). I am familiar with how my hand works with a pencil.
3) To create the drawing with my non-dominant hand was rather uncomfortable. My hand seemed so flimsy and I had no control. My left hand is so unused to doing the work so I did not like using it but it was a fun challenge.
4) Looking at my 2 drawings it is not hard to tell what one was drawn with my dominant and non-dominant hand. I do think they are successful studies. My dominant hand drawing looks more like a hand and has more detail. Since I was comfortable in using the hand I took my time drawing my hand so it looks more realistic.
5) I would not consider using my non-dominant hand to create work in the future because the outcome would not come out eye catching or pleasing. If I were to have to do one with my non-dominant hand I would hope it would be an abstract piece so it can look crazy but still be art!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment