Sunday, March 4, 2012

Installation Art

A. What is installation art?
B. What materials are used installation art?
C. Why make installation art? 
D. Which artist/installation did I find most interesting?

a: Installation art is a three-dimensional that are site specific and often transform the perception of space.
b: Any materials can be used in installation art such as metal, buckets, picked over garbage, or if the installation art is only temporary ice can be used (for example).
c. Installation art is made for many reasons. One is to create an experience in a certain environment. With a three-dimensional piece this intrigues the whole body for the viewer. And as always, art is a form of expression.
d: Hamilton was the most interesting. The materials used were the most random and actually kind of gross like hair from a horse, and molding yeast dough to create an installation!!

A. From the material reviewed, is there a inspiration piece that I feel a connection with?
 B. What theme do I want to explore in my installation? Refer to your textbook if you need to review Themes of Art. (chapter 3 in text)
(Nature, Environment, Self, Mass Media, Consumerism, etc.)
 C. What materials will I use?
 D. Where will this installation be located and why?

A. The piece i most felt a connection with was Jumbo Spoons and Big Cake by Thomas Hirschhorn. This is because when I looked at the picture of it, it looks like a messy room and well..my bedroom stays pretty messy.
B. I would want to explore environment or nature in my installation.
C. I am unsure of what materials I will use so far. I am thinking along the lines of using nature such as rocks and sticks,
D. I am also unsure of where I will make this installation. I live off campus so I can't put it anywhere to be viewed by the campus so maybe somewhere in my yard. 



No comments:

Post a Comment