Thursday, February 23, 2012

Logo

1. Discuss what you thought about creating your logo.
2. Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.
3. What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, powerpoint, and reading material  for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?

1) When creating my logo I had a hard time with what to come up with. I usually am creative but this made me stumped. I can't think of just one symbol that can represent me and my life.

2) I started to think about what I am going for in school. I am going for dietetics and that made me think of the knife/fork/spoon, as well as the plate with the food making an "A" for "Alyssa". My final logo I thought as I was thinking of food "you are what you eat" so I made my logo as a live Greek yogurt. I thought this incorporated a few elements we have studied in class. The bird was an idea because I want to soar through life. The mountain had stairs and I thought of this design because to succeed to need to climb the mountain (being the obstacle in life).  I still don't know how I feel on my final logo.

3) The most important discovery I made is that there is a lot of trial and error in creating a logo. I think a logo should be short and sweet as well as easily identifiable. That is why I am not sure if I am 100% on my idea.

4) One important fact from "What's In a Logo" video is that the logo needs to be simple and should be able to work on a different medium. Also the elements needs to be incorporated however in a simple way (for the videos sake it was energy and movement). Also and important fact I learned from the other materials is that even letters can be incorporated and be considered as logos. It doesn't just have to be a picture. As far as my opinions go for the videos, I enjoyed them. I liked seeing the different routes they had to take to try and make one final logo. With the gentleman in the first logo not accepting a bunch of ideas made me feel better that it isn't such an easy task to make a logo and have it work!

Take a look at my logo ideas!
http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/t503/AlyssaCo/Logo/

No comments:

Post a Comment